A Resource for Independent Investment Management Marketing & Salespeople since 1998
3PM provides a range of opportunities to help 3PMs strengthen their businesses
The 3PM Association works closely with its members to:
- promote 3PM industry awareness
- advocate and educate on behalf of our constituency
- act as a clearinghouse for information that enhances the reputation of our industry
- network with peers to assist in finding opportunities, and
- benefit from vendor discounts
Benefits of Membership
"Being a member of 3PM is far more important than being necessary for success; it is absolutely necessary for survival."
Claude R. Parenteau, Parenteau Associates, LLC, 3PM Member
"For the little time I have been a member and comparing to other professional organization I joined in the past, I am impressed by the level of professionalism and commitment of the members in charge."
Pèire Bergonhós, Bergonhós Capital, 3PM Member
Often , investment managers begin their research into third party marketing by visiting 3pm.org. It is not uncommon for Association members to receive direct inquiries as a result.
Since most 3PM firms will not represent managers competing in the same asset class, member firms often refer these potential clients each other, enabling firms to grow both the industry as well as their top line.
As with any industry, third party marketing has its own unique set of business challenges.
3PM encourages informal networking among its members by providing members’ contact information; ample conversation opportunities throughout our Annual Conference agenda; and a collaborative rather than competitive atmosphere amongst its membership.
3PM has negotiated significant discounts from several leading industry vendors for its members. The list of providers include: conference sponsors, performance measurement systems, analytical tools, database providers and industry newsletters and publications.
Have a vendor in mind with whom you would like for 3PM to seek a membership discount? Let us know.
As with any industry, third party marketing has its own unique set of business issues. To address these issues, 3PM encourages informal networking among its members by providing members’ contact information; ample conversation opportunities throughout our Annual Conference agenda; and a collaborative rather than competitive atmosphere between its membership.
Regulatory & Compliance
Regulatory and compliance issues are often cited as one of the most important benefits of membership in our Association.
3PMA helps member firms to keep abreast of industry developments by offering webcasts focused on timely issues affecting most organizations.
Previous webcast topics include 3PM / BD Relationships, Contracts, State Registrations and Issues for 3PMs operating Broker Dealers, as well recent regulatory updates.
Replays are available free to members on the Member’s Only page of the website.
3PM’s Annual Conference provides members an opportunity to network and discuss issues facing the industry. All topics and speaker presentations are geared specifically to 3PMs and managers to help members better manage their firms on a day-to-day basis.
Requirements for Membership
- All sales professionals working for the firm must be appropriately registered to conduct their specific business.
- At least two management team members/owners must attest that neither their firm, nor any of its employees or owners, have been the subject of any revocation, censure or litigation by the regulatory bodies that govern the financial services industry, including FINRA, the SEC, MSRB and the appropriate States, and if this has occurred, a detailed explanation must be attached for which 3PM will determine eligibility on a case by case basis.
- Firms will be asked to certify that they will follow 3PMs Principles and Best Practices.
- Firms seeking membership must complete a basic application and pay an annual membership fee.
"3PM provides an incredible opportunity for firms to network, gain hard-earned industry knowledge, and build market presence. We would not be the firm we are today without the Third Party Marketers Association."
Sandra Powers Murphy, ARK Global, LLC, 3PM Board Member